Getting to the Lille Christmas Market
Ideally situated at the heart of Europe, Lille has a well-developed and comprehensive transport system.
Travelling by public transportation
Thanks to Transpole, Lille has a comprehensive public transportation system:
- 2 automatic metro lines
Line 1: Villeneuve d’Ascq 4 Cantons <> Lille CHR B Calmette
Line 2: Lomme Saint-Philibert <> Tourcoing CH Dron
The 2 lines are connected at Gare Lille Flandres and Porte des Postes stations.
The Christmas Market is located right at Rihour metro station on line 1.
- 2 tramway lines serving 36 stations, connecting Lille to Roubaix and Tourcoing.
Tramway R : Roubaix Eurotéléport <> Gare Lille Flandres
Tramway T : Tourcoing centre <> Gare Lille Flandres
- Sixty bus lines.
Buses, trams and metro trains run daily (except May 1st), from 5:30 am to around midnight.
Standard fare for the entire network: 1.30€ for a full-price ticket.
Book of 10 tickets: 10.60€.
ZAP ticket (3 metro or tramway stations without transfer): 0.65€.
Day pass: 3.60€.
Evening pass (after 7 pm): 1.60€.
For more information about public transport: www.transpole.fr.
Arriving by train or Eurostar
Lille has two train stations 400 metres apart and situated in the city centre:
- Lille Flandres: regional trains and direct TGV to Paris
- Lille Europe: Eurostar to London and Brussels, direct TGV to Roissy, Marne la Vallée, Lyon, Rennes, Marseille, Bordeaux, Montpellier, etc.
London : 1hr20, 10 Eurostars a day
> Brussels : 35 minutes, 15 TGV and Eurostars a day
> Köln : 3hr20 (via Brussels)
> Amsterdam : 3hr30 (via Brussels)
> Paris : 58 minutes, 22 direct TGV a day
> Lyon : 2hr50, 10 direct TGV a day
> Strasbourg : 3hr20, 3 direct TGV a day
> Rennes : 4 hours, 4 direct TGV a day
> Marseille : 4hr30, 7 direct TGV a day
> Bordeaux : 5 hours, 6 direct TGV a day
> Montpellier : 5 hours, 5 direct TGV a day
For more information about trains, Eurostar and TGV: www.eurostar.com and www.sncf.com. The two train stations are also metro and tramway stations.
Arriving by air
Lille-Lesquin international airport is 10 km from the centre of Lille.
Regular Air France flights from Biarritz, Bordeaux, Clermont-Ferrand, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Strasbourg and Toulouse.
Regular Ryanair flights from Marseille and Porto. A shuttle service connects the airport (at door A) and the city centre (bus stop sign “Liaison aéroport” outside the Euralille shopping centre). Journey time: 20 min.
For more information about the airport and flights: www.lille.aeroport.fr
Arriving by car
Six motorways lead to Lille:
- A1: Paris (220 km)
- A22 / E17: Ghent (75 km) then Antwerp (125 km) and Amsterdam (290 km)
- A23: Valenciennes (53 km)
- A25: Dunkirk (80 km) then A26: Calais (110 km)
- A27 / E42: Brussels (110 km)
From the UK :
- Eurotunnel from Folkestone to Calais, then to Lille by the motorway A26.
- Ferries from Dover to Calais (Seafrance and P&O), Boulogne (SpeedFerries) or Dunkirk (Norfolkline), then to Lille by the motorway A26 and/or A25.